Wednesday, December 16, 2009

'Tis the season... for colds!!!

I am sick! Ugh, I hate being sick. I think it's just a really bad cold but I am so congested and my throat is a little sore (not nearly as bad as it was this weekend, felt like I was breathing fire!!!) and I have a cough. If it doesn't go away in a few days I'll have to run to the doctor and see if it's something more or just see if there's anything I can take to get rid of it faster.

Any suggestions on getting rid of a cold? What works for you? I leave for California in less than 2 weeks so I would love to be completely healthy by then!

The worst part of this is that I had to call the National Ability Center this morning and tell them that I can't help out with the 2 lessons I had signed up for tonight since I'm feeling so icky. I absolutely HATE calling out sick for things!!! I hate canceling last minute and leaving them scrounging for a replacement. Grrrr... it makes me so frustrated. I could probably count on 2 hands (if not 1 hand) the number of times I have called out or gone home sick from work. And that's all thanks to the way I was raised. Growing up in my house you basically had to be on your death bed before my mom let you miss school! Amy, Adam, Jared- am I right?! It was a pain in the ass back then but I am grateful for that lesson because I follow that same rule now for all of my commitments. If I thought going to the NAC lessons tonight was a possibility I would be there, but I'm coughing and sneezing and I don't want to get anyone else sick, especially not the little kids I would have been helping. I still feel so guilty about calling out, but I'm certain it was the right thing to do.

On a good note: I received a Christmas present in the mail yesterday! THANK YOU TO MY WONDERFUL GRAMMY AND GRAMPY!!! They sent me a great pair of ski pants from Land's End! I tried them on and the fit really well. I'm so excited about them!! It was so funny when I tried them on because Belami was afraid of me while I was wearing them! Every time I walked over to him he ran away all freaked out! Maybe it's the swishy noise they make when I walk, but it was hilarious!

Speaking of ski pants we have a ton of snow so Park City is in all it's glory! It's so beautiful with the snow around here and you can just feel a difference in the air like this mountain town is waking up after a long sleep! I'm glad I think it's pretty because snow is also a a pain- shoveling it and driving in it specifically. It really does make it feel a little more like Christmas and I can use all the Christmas feeling I can get since I'm so far from home!

Only a little more than a week until the big day... are you in the Christmas spirit???

2 comments:

  1. Amy here! And yes you are so right! And I agree that it was a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, and Belami being afraid of you in snowpants is hilarious! All the cats and dogs scatter quick as can be whenever I shake a trashbag to open it...is it mean that I think that's funny? Hehe...

    ReplyDelete