Monday, December 14, 2009

Funk up your flair!

I love to accessorize.

I'm not sure when my love affair with all things glitzy, glammy and girly began, but I've been in a committed relationship for quite some time now and I'm content as can be! I like to experiment with my accessories. Belt as a headband? Been there. Belt as a necklace? Done that. Today I tried something new.

I took a pretty pink flower pin and attached it to a couple of necklaces. One of the necklaces is an old piece of costume jewelry that looks like a double string of crystals, and the other a simple strand of tiny silver beads and a strand of fake freshwater pearls. Neither of these are all that exciting on their own, but pin them together with a flower and it's like an entirely new necklace!

I did not invent this- I saw it in a J. Crew catalog and who knows if the designers made it up or stumbled upon it somewhere else- but I rocked it!
And so can you! I think it would work with any type of pin, not just a flower, I'll have to try it out and let you know. Or YOU could try it out and let ME know! You'll want to do this with necklaces that are different lengths (layer them on, the more the merrier!) and just attach the pin on the side, not right in the middle of a necklace where a pendant would be, and... Voila! Don't you look pretty?!

No comments:

Post a Comment