Friday, January 8, 2010

Always comment at your own risk.

Do you ever read blogs on popular sites where a lot of people comment?

I get updates from EW.com through email and read the blogs I'm interested in to keep up to date on all things entertainment. I always look at the comments posted because I find it very interesting that people say such nasty things to and about each other! There are so many criticisms about issues ranging from grammatical and spelling errors to a difference in opinion about the subject of the original blog. If someone doesn't agree with your opinion of the latest TV show or movie? Forget it, you're dead to them and god forbid you spell something wrong! Watch out!

We ABSOLUTELY and unfortunately live in a world where people are not always honest face to face. But the anonymity of this particular situation allows people to say whatever they want without backing up their beliefs or suffering consequences if any feelings get hurt. This is a realization I came to after reading so many blogs and blog comments, but that's just me thinking too much, as always. I liken my head to a dryer. My thoughts being the clothes, really noisy ones with lots of buttons and zippers etc, and they're just never dry, they keep tumbling around... But mostly reading these comments is amusing and EW.com is my favorite because they've got the goods!

And completely unrelated... Do you all know the song Tik Tok by Ke$ha? That's not a typo, she really spells her name like that. Well if you don't here it is:

This is a guilty pleasure if I ever had one!

So I really like this song, it's just too fun and catchy for me not to. Her CD was available on Itunes for only $6.99 and since the Tik Tok single is $1.29 I figured I'd take a risk and spend the extra $5 to get the whole thing. I have a gift card too so it was even easier to justify the purchase. Here's the thing... I totally LOVE the CD! This isn't exactly quality music here, but it's a lot of fun and with lyrics like "Wake up in the morning feelin' like P. Diddy" and "Dance 'til your pants come off" it's also good for a few laughs. I'm not insisting that anyone immediately go out and buy any of her tunes (not like Florence) I just love the positive outcome to this little story! Don't you get a kick out of having your doubts about something and then having those doubts shattered?! I certainly do!

Plus Ke$ha admitted to throwing up in Paris Hilton's closet. You go girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment