Saturday, May 1, 2010

Kearney, NE

Hello from Kearney, Nebraska!

This will be a quick entry as we had a long day, I didn't sleep that well last night and we want to get up early tomorrow to get in a lot more driving...

So here are the facts:

We drove for 11 hours today through Utah, Wyoming and now we're halfway through Nebraska. We are in a different time zone- central, than when we started- mountain. We covered 730 miles! We stopped for gas twice. $37 the first time, $40 the second time. I'm not sure if we saw more billboards advertising fireworks or the Little America hotels, but I do know that said hotels have a mechanic on duty, 50 cent ice cream cones and marble showers you'll "go gaga over." We saw SO many trucks on the road, way more than cars, it was weird.

Belami and Neve did GREAT!!! I couldn't have asked for better behaved kitties! Now B is running around the room and Neve is hiding under the covers next to me. She is a little freaked out but fine. She explored a bit and got stuck behind the bed a couple of times, made herself at home in a drawer but happily hopped into bed with me as soon as I sat down with my computer.

Sorry such a boring blog... I'm so tired. Hopefully I'll be able to write more tomorrow and upload some of the photos I took from the car!

I can't help wondering where all of my belongings are on their journey to NH...

1 comment:

  1. omg the little america billboards are so annoying! we get it, little america is 200 miles awway!

    ReplyDelete