Monday, May 3, 2010

Batavia, NY.

Can you believe it? We're already in New York! We'll be home tomorrow afternoon!

Another great day of driving! A little traffic in the Cleveland area but nothing we couldn't handle. The roads are a little bit weird around there because there is an express lane and then there's a local lane and the AAA Triptik instructed us to drive in the local lane. We remembered this from the trip out as well, and were confused by it then just the same. There were a few little log houses being transported on the road in this spot as well and the guys driving the cars that said "wide load" were doing a TERRIBLE job!! One of them was probably 10 cars ahead of the truck with the houses! It was an old man and I doubt he even realized he's sped up that much but maybe he needs to think about getting a different job! We just had to pay close attention with the funny roads and speeding log cabins!

Update on last night's hotel before I move on to tonight's accommodations and stats. After writing my blog last night I was really thirsty but only had twenty dollar bills- nothing smaller. I went to the front desk to get change for the vending machine and the girl told me that she couldn't make change for me because she'd been giving people change all day. Now, you all know me, I DO NOT get irritated when it comes to customer service but I was really annoyed with the service at this hotel already so I could feel myself getting angry with this dumb girl. I just told her that all I wanted was a water so where could I get one. She acted like I had asked her a difficult question and she really didn't know how to help me when this other guy working at the hotel came out of the office and she asked him if he had change for a $20. Luckily he did and I got my water. But how stupid! I mean that was her only solution?? To ask some random guy if he had change? What would she have done if he hadn't had the change??? Just told me I was out of luck? This story does have a happy ending however. The Best Western of Hammond, IN redeemed itself when the much more capable and pleasant girl working the front desk this morning refunded my $45 without checking the room or anything. It would have been fine if she had since the kitties didn't damage anything but it was nice to not have to wait around while they did it.

You can all uncross your fingers now since we had a MUCH easier time finding a pet friendly hotel tonight. I called a hotel in Geneva that allowed pets but then we decided we didn't want to drive that far so I called this Days Inn in Batavia after that and they also allow pets! Yay! Speaking of pets and hotels, Neve has lost her collar somewhere in the room and it's nowhere to be found! What a goofball! It's okay, I brought an extra collar and we only have several more hours of driving anyway. Neve and Belami seem to be having a great time in the room, well B more than Neve, but she has certainly improved since the first night! They drove really well all day again so this trip has been a success as far as my little babies are concerned! I keep telling them that not all kitties are so well traveled- they're lucky! They do love their Grampy too! And I can tell the feeling's mutual!

We covered approximately 650 miles today- bringing us to about 1950 total! We're not sure of the exact miles and I'm not about to go outside and look- sorry- but this is a pretty close guess. We crossed into the eastern time zone this morning, making me feel that much closer to home! I have decided that I'm too fidgety for all this driving! I move around too much, not only while I'm driving but also while I'm in the passenger seat where it's a little easier to move around. Lucky for me, Dad likes driving so he's done a majority of it. Cruise control is my new best friend by the way- it's the best!! I like driving but sometimes it just makes me nervous and I get all tense and pick at my nails... ugh, I wish i wasn't like that! Oh well, I've done really well with it. It's nice to have such a calm co-pilot! For the most part our weather's been great which has also made things go a lot smoother and quicker. Thank goodness!!

Well I'm tired and want to rest up for the final leg so it's time for bed. I'm so excited to see my east coasters SOON!!!!

Goodnight everyone!! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment