Thursday, February 4, 2010

Movie Recommendations!

Know what I was thinking would be really fun? If once a week I put up a movie recommendation!

So I actually have two recommendations this week...

Bright Star
Rated: PG, 119 minutes
Directed by: Jane Campion
Starring: Abbie Cornish, Ben Whishaw, Paul Schneider

I saw this film when it was in theaters a few months ago and I loved it. It's about the poet John Keats and the woman he was engaged to, Fanny Brawne. Their love is a tragic one for reasons I won't go into in case you're not familiar with Keats' story. The film is beautiful with stellar performances from the young cast especially, but all actors do a fine job. If you like poetry, this film is for you. If you like fashion, this film is for you. If you like love stories, this film is for you. It came out on DVD last week so grab a copy and a glass of wine or cup of tea perhaps, sit back and enjoy. Also, I believe Abbie Cornish is one to watch. I have only seen two of her films but she is a talented young lady. If you are a fan of Avatar's Sam Worthington watch Somersault, a 2004 Australian picture starring Worthington and Cornish. It's not a great movie, but it's not terrible. And they both impress with deep performances of damaged characters.

The Hangover
Rated: R, 108 minutes
Directed by: Todd Phillips
Starring: Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms

I'm sure you're wondering why I'm recommending a film that everyone is already obsessed with. Well I still hear people say that they haven't watched this!!! Can you beleive it!? So on the off chance that someone reading this hasn't seen The Hangover, you need to stop what you're doing and watch it. NOW! I saw it again last night and I swear, it's as hilarious the 4th viewing (or 5th, or however many times I've seen it) as the first! I actually heard a funny line last night that I had never noticed before! I would not recommend a beverage to go with this film as you'll probably spit it out from laughing so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment